Thursday, August 20

Citrus and albums

So my parents are back now, and as glad as I am to not be in an empty house any more, it is still difficult living with them. Mum and I watched two episodes of Desperate Housewives this morning; she is catching up with the ones I've watched while she's been away and it's so difficult to not blurt out what's happening in my timeline!

Yesterday I just tidied up the house more and played a LOT of Sims 3. On Tuesday night I was standing in the DJ booth chatting to Matt, he put on a Radiohead song which I found I actually loved, so I've got over my unfounded prejudice against Radiohead and downloaded their most recent album, and I'm really enjoying listening to it. I've actually got into listening to entire albums recently; seeing how they are formed and the thought processes.

I listened to two of the songs from Muse's new album yesterday, and honestly I don't like them. If prompted as to my favourite band, Muse will always be my answer as they are just so epic, but I'm a little worried that this new album will be disappointing.

I am sitting on my little spot on the sofa with my mum in her spot next to me. Every time Desperate Housewives breaks, she looks at me and goes 'ooooh!', which I've just pointed out and now every time she does it we laugh. I love these little moments with her. She just started eating an orange and I always forget how much I love the smell of citrus. It reminds me of being outside in the spring, lying on the grass and reading a book. I'm not entirely sure how citrus has become entwined with that particular memory, maybe she was eating an orange then as well. My cat Gretel hates the smell of citrus though, so she steers clear of me whenever I've eaten or drank anything citrusy. Apparently all felines hate citrus, maybe it means danger to them?

My friends have just introduced me to the joys of FarmVille on Facebook and I can feel my social life slowly being controlled by my harvesting hours: 'Oh sorry, I have to go home now, my wheat will be ready to harvest and I don't want it to go bad.'

On that note, my raspberries are ready to harvest. Later!

Currently listening to: 15 Step - Radiohead. I love that it's in 5, but it makes it difficult to dance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment