Wednesday, August 19

Substances

So I live in Brighton, which means that a lot of the people I know take drugs. Some smoke weed on a regular basis, some take ecstacy and MDMA, some take prescription pills that aren't theirs, some snort a lot of coke, thankfully I don't know anyone who shoots up (I hope). But yes, I am in the kind of city where people roll spliffs on the bus. They do heroin in parks and leave the syringes in bushes, and they will happily take pills off anyone.

I understand that alcohol is a drug too, but it made me really happy to see one of my more 'hardcore' friends out tonight, drunk as a skunk but with nothing else in his system. His pupils weren't dancing, his eyes weren't bloodshot, and he wasn't shaking. He was just drunk. I get that for a lot of people, alcohol is a problem. In comparison to the dangers presented by a lot of drugs (prescription included), alcohol is good. Alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant, and if drunk in moderation, it does nothing to the heart rate, it doesn't have a severe effect on the brain, it doesn't cause hallucinations. I like alcohol (even though I rarely drink it).

There have been various nice guys, who just take shitloads of drugs.

Those drugs just masked them. It made them people I didn't want to be around and didn't really like. I just wish that they could see they don't need them, that they are so much more than just the drugs, and that really, people would like them more if they didn't pollute themselves.

Just saying. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment