Friday, September 25

Pity Party

So things haven't been too exciting recently. I started off today with a bit of a pity party: tonsilitis, broke a nice plate, hit my knee really hard, realised how many guys I've been ditched by recently, ache all over, crappy orange juice, Dean dumped Rory on Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars got dumped, have to pack for uni, don't have as flat a stomach as Eliza Dushku, am not HayleyGHoover, don't own a MacBook Pro/iPhone, can't change hair colour at will like Tonks.

But then, I watched a few YouTube videos, read a few blogs, complained to my step-mum Maria and took a few painkillers and suddenly life doesn't seem so bad. I am one of the few people who enjoy things like ironing, and take a lot of pleasure in sinking my hands into sheepskin rugs. I can cheer myself up with something as simple as re-painting my nails, and I feel very lucky that such little things can make me happy.

I am having a really hard time regarding men at the moment, and I don't really feel like posting the details on the internet, but I am looking forward to getting away from Brighton drama. This time tomorrow I'll be on my way back to Winchester where things are significantly less complicated. I am going to miss my Brighton friends (although most of them are going back to uni anyway), my parents, my brothers, my uncle, aunt and cousins, the Pav Tav, the beach and being able to drive my mum's car. But I really want to make it work this year. I'm going to work my ass off with uni stuff, earn a bit of money and take my driving test. New Moon comes out in November and I've got NaNoWriMo to look forward to, and fun times with my housemates. I had a couple of months at the start of uni when everything was working out, but since then it's been pretty crappy, and I'd like to remember why I started uni in the first place.

I kind of wish I lived in America though sometimes.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment